Truck Wreck Doctor of Chiropractic Dallas, TX
After a collision it may be tempting to assume that because you don’t have obvious or immediate pain, you aren’t injured. You only see some minor bumps and bruises and there are no broken bones, so you take down the other driver’s insurance and contact information and move on. The reality is, no matter how small the accident may seem, the sheer power of the forces involved necessitate the need for medical attention after an accident. Once the adrenaline leaves your body and you calm down, the true effects of the accident become manifest. A consultation with a truck wreck Doctor of Chiropractic examines your body for hidden damage and helps to prevent long-term pain.
Why is it vital to address injuries with a chiropractor right away?
- Your family doctor may only prescribe pain medications and not tackle the underlying issues. Truck wreck injuries most often manifest through pain and swelling, which medical doctors are ill-equipped to handle outside of prescribing painkillers. While pain medication can help you manage the pain in the short-term, continued use of the medication may lead to dependence and addiction. Working with a truck wreck Doctor of Chiropractic in conjunction with your family doctor alleviates the immediate pain and addresses the underlying causes of the pain.
- Whiplash and related injuries make daily activities a challenge. If you sustained a whiplash injury in a truck wreck, finding the ability to focus or concentrate is a significant challenge. Dizziness and blurred vision are common side effects of whiplash and hinder your ability to move on after the accident. Through muscle relaxation or spinal manipulation, the truck wreck Doctor of Chiropractic can get you back on a path to good health quickly.
- The process of making a claim with your insurance company may take a long time. Most health insurance plans now include access to chiropractic services, especially as an alternative to costly surgical options. The quicker you get in to see your truck wreck Doctor of Chiropractic, the faster you will be able to start the paperwork with the insurance company so you can be reimbursed for your expenses.
- You need all of the information you can get for your insurance claims, especially if you were the victim of the accident. Your lawyer and the courts want to know the extent of your injuries, and the other driver’s insurance company will hesitate to make any compensation until the full extent of your injuries is known. A Doctor of Chiropractic’s analysis can supplement your medical doctor’s diagnosis to give a fair picture of your current injuries and what it will take to treat them in the long and short term.
- The problems will only get worse. Whiplash causes pain to spread from your neck and back to other parts of your body. To prevent pain many patients adjust the way that they reach or bend, which brings the muscles and ligaments in further out of alignment. Over time, what started as a minor misalignment transforms into debilitating back, neck and shoulder pain, to the point that surgery is generally the only option.
MedChiro Injury Rehab offers a very convenient location with the latest equipment and techniques off the highway near downtown Dallas. Our staff of highly qualified Doctors of Chiropractic and our independent medical doctor focus on injuries stemming from truck wrecks and auto accidents.
Contact us today for a free consultation and being your journey to recovery.